Friday, November 13, 2009

Boredom

Someone asked me today what I would do on the island while Dave was writing? Would I not be bored? I could do 6 months of boredom right now.

Today Dave was stuck at the side of the road for 45 mins with a broken down vehicle and no cellphone time. Wednesday, our black labrador, had an anaesthetic to sort out her teeth. The gentleman who wants to buy the vehicle turned up to find it broken down and we refused to sell it to him, until we find out what is wrong with it, as it may be something really major. We would feel really bad to sell him a total dud.

I returned the crib we have been housing for the last few years to the church it belongs to, got a deposit back on our empty gas cylinder, took our wonderful housemaid to be interviewed for her new job, delivered a load of firewood, (thought it was the last ever load, but got an order for another load to be delivered tomorrow or over the weekend.)

All in all it was a day that seems to have been several weeks long, a bit of boredom looks really good!

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll be craving the boredom by the time you get there, not that I think you'll be getting any.

    ReplyDelete