Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ups and downs.

I suppose any life is full of highs and lows, and the trick is to ride them all, and stay on an even keel.

After 5 weeks worth of very expensive phonecalls to the airline, we now have a ticket to bring James home for the holidays! I am so, so pleased. The original mistake was mine, I paid for the incorrect ref number, but what a mission to get one B changed to a P. Anyway it is done, and I just can't wait to have him home.

One of the wonderful elderly ladies that we have met through the church, is not well, and is in the hospital at the moment. She is normally such a bright and cheery soul, so sure of her faith, I just hope that she does not suffer for too long.

This afternoon I was in a 'not nice to be near' mood, so I took myself off for a fish at Trousers Point. Of course I caught only one VERY small Wrasse, who went straight back to grow bigger. But I did come home in a better mood, and I saw 4 really cute little black pigs, with small white tusks, playing next to the road. (Looked remarkably like warthog, but I know they could not have been, their tails were not straight enough!!) So the trip was not a complete waste.

Then, this evening, we went down to join a friend on the wharf, squidding. She had already caught her first ever, and landed it herself, before we got there. She proceeded to catch another 2 which we brought up in the net, and Dave and I each caught 1, so it was a good evening, and not nearly as cold as last night.


The sunset was amazing, the company great fun, and the squid will be delicious, what more could I ask of an evening out??

4 comments:

  1. sometimes just sitting by the water is a great mood adjuster. Although, to be fair, I didn't wish to be sitting beside any of the somewhat excessive amount of water we had up this way last weekend!

    Glad you were able to fix the problem to get your son home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any extra water can be sent this way, we are a bit short of rain for the year, so the farmers say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm in that sort of mood I grab a nice book, a big mug of chai tea and lock myself in the bathroom and soak my bad feelings away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just managed to order some chai tea, after battling for some weeks, so I am well pleased!

    ReplyDelete