Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New book sales

While this is not strictly island life, it does affect how we're able to survive, feed ourselves, pay the rent etc. I've sold two new books on proposal to Pyr Books, Steampunk - set in an Alternate history where coal (and the British Empire) remain dominant. It's quite a dark and polluted world. The first book - CUTTLEFISH - involves getting from London to the drought-ravaged Republic of Westralia, and does, briefly, touch Flinders Island. The second book THE STEAM-MOLE is set in Australia.

5 comments:

  1. How much coal could a steam-mole dig if a steam-mole could dig coal?

    COOL! Keep those words coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading these since I saw Onyxhawke's announcement earlier, but I'm not sure I would want to travel in a steam powered submarine unless I was very sure pipes wouldn't fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Delighted to hear it. And it sounds absolutely great.

    (signed: someone still waiting impatiently for that new contract...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news. *g*

    ReplyDelete