Thursday, April 19, 2012

Carrot


There are times when I miss the simple joys of cleaning the humble supermarket carrot. It has to be easier than cleaning this one was, even if it lacks the same flavour and extra organic nutrients (like the dirt that is so entertaining to get out). Oddly, winter having arrived went away again. The only part we're really having is the shorter days. I miss the long days of summer, but I guess you have to pay for it somewhere. The weather continues windy and muggy, which as I still have a book to finish is good.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a possible entrant for the local "double entendre root vegetables" contest.

    PS the dirt is more likely to be an INorganic nutrient I'd have thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm... the dirt is quite full of sheep marbles. They're pretty organic :-)

      Delete